Bankruptcy Lawyer

What to bring to initial consultation.

 Foreclosure:  If you have been served with a foreclosure complaint, remember to bring a copy of the complaint. you were generally served with several copies.

Bankruptcy:  In order to advise you, we will need to know your household income, where you are employed, what your household expenses are.  We will need to know the nature of your debts whether they are from medical bills, credit cards, unsecured loans, home equity loans, mortgages, car loans and business loans.  Make sure to tell us if you took any cash advances including using checks provided by your credit card company within the last 90 days.

After you retain The Berlinsky Law Firm, P.A. to represent you,  we will need the following to prepare your bankruptcy petition:

1. IDENTIFICATION.  Bankruptcy law requires that you provide proof that you are who you say you are. Please bring with you to the initial office visit an official photo ID (i.e., a driver's license or passport). You are required to verify your social security number, so please bring your Social Security card..
2. PROOF OF INCOME.  Bankruptcy law requires that you provide proof of your average monthly gross income from all sources for the last 6 months beginning with the first month before your you file your case. Please bring with you to the initial office visit all pay stubs or other records of income for the past seven months. Remember, these records are for income from employment, and ALSO tips, bonuses, commissions, child support, alimony, support from someone paying or sharing your living expenses, rental income (gross and net shown on a monthly basis), unemployment income, social security payments, retirement and/or pension income, interest, dividends, and income form any other source. Whether you are filing with or without a co-habitant spouse then you will need to provide this information for both you and your spouse. If you have your own business, you must provide a monthly Profit & Loss Statement for your business.  If you and your spouse are separated, your spouses income will not be disclosed in the bankruptcy petition nor will it impact the means test.
3. BANKING RECORDS.  Please provide monthly statements from your bank, credit union, or other financial institution for the last two months.  If you utilize non bank financial  investments such as bitcoin, coinbase, venmo, paypal etc, I need information of those accounts.
4. INCOME TAX RETURNS.  Please bring your income tax returns for the last 2 years. If you have not filed any of these tax returns please begin that process as soon as possible, as we will not be able to file a bankruptcy until those tax returns are filed.  If you cannot find your return we can order transcripts from IRS for free.
5. HOUSEHOLD EXPENSES.  Know your monthly household expenses including those for mortgage or rent, utility services (electricity, gas, fuel oil, propane, water and sewage), telephone service, cable or satellite television service, home maintenance, food, clothing, laundry and dry cleaning, medical and dental, transportation, recreation, clubs, entertainment, charitable contributions, insurance (homeowner or renter, life, health, auto), taxes on property, alimony, maintenance, child support, pet care and any other monthly expense you pay.
6. ACCOUNT STATEMENTS.  A statement for all of your debts including those for credit cards, medical bills, personal loans, auto loans, furniture loans, jewelry loans, lawsuits, etc.
7. PROPERTY DOCUMENTS.  Your most recent statement for stocks, mutual funds, IRAs, 401k's and other retirement assets.

Call TODAY for a FREE initial consultation with no obligation, and find out how I may help you. I offer affordable monthly payments.

863-409-7961 ----  407-970-4846 ---- 866-561-4996

The Berlinsky Law Firm, P.A.